Solar night garden, Mr. T Jump drive, watching the flowers grow

If this weren't so expensive ($27), I would totally buy it.

It's a shark anatomy toy. Maybe for my Godson's birthday, but I doubt that he would like it as much as I do!
Available to purchase here.








What was Manhattan like 400 years ago, before the first settlers arrived? Designed by Abbott Miller, the new exhibition Mannahatta/Manhattan: A Natural History of New York City at the Museum of the City of New York reconstructs the ecology of the small wooded island originally known as Mannahatta (“island of many hills” as the Lenape Indians called it) before it became one of the most densely built places on earth. The exhibition is presented in collaboration with the Wildlife Conservation Society.





I think I also found this one on Kaboodle. It's a great idea, but I will probably just make one myself next time I know someone going off to college.

It's a college survival kit. It includes a collapsible clothes hamper, book light, reusable poster adhesive, first aid kit, a $5 Domino's Pizza gift certificate, and other miscellaneous items. I bet it would be fun just to come up with the list of things to include in the gift pack! Ear plugs, flip flops for the dorm, a car lighter outlet for the inevitable road trips

I like how they include a first aid kit, screw driver, and eye covers. I think it would be good to also have a hammer, some sticky tack, and maybe one of those McGuyver tools,

Oh, and of course some kind of ridiculous USB drive, like maybe this Mr. T doing situps

And yes, he really bends to do the crunches.

College survival kit found here.
Car lighter outlet available here.
McGuyver toppeak tool found here.
Mr. T, Rocky, and Rocky III Apollo Creed USB flash drives here.



A timelapse garden video camera, that will even have your flower give twitter updates. On the site, you can watch one of the flowers go from bud to full bloom. It's neat, but I am not sure if it's worth the whopping $160!


The thing I think of is all of the other things you could tape with it. Like a building being built or something.
Via.




The litterbox for the modern cat:

It has "rooftop access" and reusable litter bags. It doesn't self-clean. It doesn't prevent odor in any special way I see. It is over-priced. I think it isn't even available yet. But it comes in red, so that makes it for the modern cat from what I gather. Don't think I'll be buying one any time soon, but if you want to preorder one, go here.




This is one splurge I am considering, though:

We have tons and tons and tons of old nintendo games. Now there is a hand-held device that will play them. Also see Super Mario Brothers for your TI-84 Graphing Calculator here. The hand-held device is available here.




And in line with my new obsession with robots, I have to conclude this post with a video of a quarky little robot just for girls.

Bossa Nova Penbo from Gizmodo on Vimeo.

And, I have to say that I am pretty sure that dude talking is Dutch. I wonder if that was filmed here?

This one, I don't care how much it costs, I am totally buying this once we get a home in the U.S.

I wonder if it matters what species of fish you have? You think Betas can do all this?


In cooperation with the Israel Electric Corporation, which encourages the use of alternative energy for benefit of our environment, OGE made a Enchanting Solar-powered Night Garden.


A night shot:

Via.




More links:

Slideshow of the most outrageous hotel concierge requests.

Free software for Windows to create your own mosaic picture.

Pictures of people doing dumb stuff.

Pentagon is making cyborg crickets that will be able to detect survivors in disasters and notify rescuers. Video and full story here.

Top 10 reasons to quit facebook.

A video about artists from all over the world featured in The United Colors of Benneton's Colors Magazine.

Dutch postal service introduces seeded stamps. Via.

animated gifs from Library of Congress photos

Kevin J Wier makes animated gifs using old photographs from the library of congress flickr account. ...