I'm going to Rotterdam until Tuesday evening.

I'm going to Rotterdam until Tuesday for the Society for Text and Discourse's annual meeting. I'm looking forward to meeting Herbert Clark and Danielle McNamera, along with seeing talks by Jean Fox Tree, Rick Dale, Dale Barr, Adrian Bangerter, Art Graesser, and Michael Schober... among others. I might not be posting for a couple of days. I leave you with these random technologies and crafts.


Here's a robot you can make out of paper or cardboard:

Visit this blog entry for a downloadable template.


Here's a rotating rock climbing wall:

It senses where you are with lasers and rotates (or stops rotating) depending on your movement as you climb it. there's a video here.


There's a whiskered robot rat at the University of Bristol. Also see my previous post about the University of Bristol's robot Jules.

animated gifs from Library of Congress photos

Kevin J Wier makes animated gifs using old photographs from the library of congress flickr account. ...